Saturday, February 16, 2008

DIY Super Energy Efficient Refrigerator

Found Here

Overall Rating

(1 - 5 penguins)


Name of company or service provider.

YOU, Yourself, and I.

Name of product(s) or service(s) or categories of Product types or
service types.

A DIY Outdoor Refrigerator

Description of Product type or service.

This Refrigerator will save you tons of money during the winter months.

Product or service quality, value, Bang per buck ratio.

Well if your looking at the lumber here, insulation, fans, and thermostat your probably looking at somewhere between free and $500.00 depending on if you have the items and where you buy them from or if you pay someone to build it.

Similar products or services from other companies.

Well go here. Last time I checked you were over $2,000.00

Shipping rates, handling, and do they offer USPS, UPS, FEDEX or what? Do the items arrive broken? How long does it take for them to ship them out.

Well your probably going to want to pick up the items at a store. Why would you want to order it?

Any personal experiences.

A lot of people put items in a cooler outside during the winter but you could not effectively install shelves as well or a thermostat. This is the best idea I've seen yet and I think I'll invest in it someday. If you could combine this with an actual refrigerator that would be great because then you could have a switch to engage the regular refrigerator system during the summer months.

Linux Compatibility
I think that this has OpenSource written all over it and if some nut wanted to make a controller for it that interfaced with Linux then I have nothing against it. lol.

1 comment:

Ubuntu6498632 said...

I went to work on a Neighbor lady's computer that had Vista on it, I was going to load a Linux bistro on it and when she called MS the showed her take out her warranty.

It explicitly stated that nay additions or changes made to the system with out Micro Softs approval would void her warranty.

I asked her who realy owns your computer.

She looked at me and said good question.

She has a son that works for MS and he graciously comes down to maintain her pc for her.

But here are those of is in the real world that does not have this luxery.

none the less I found vista very adiment about deleting files for no reason,

I am not sure how I did it but I managed to at least get her links to various sights to stay put.
I also recommended that she does not leave her back up USB drive plugged all the time less she could suffer the fate of possible missing files. None the less my working on her PC was enough to keep me from getting Vista.

Fancy and pretty packaging is all it is. and I learned that in 2 hours of pain in the rear.

She did thank me.
I also used the time to teach her about inter net safety..

She and her family really needed that

What is your software preference?